On average, foam roof recoating costs about $1.30 per square foot or about 27.5% of the total cost of your original foam roofing system installation for the US in 2022. The average cost of a new foam roof coating is about $8,250. Costs range from $3,500 to $13,0
Foam roofing, often referred to as spray polyurethane foam (SPF) roofing, is a popular choice for commercial and industrial buildings due to its excellent insulation properties and durability. However, like any roofing system, foam roofs can develop issues over time and may require repairs. Here are some key points to consider when it comes to foam roofing repair:
- Inspection: Before proceeding with any repairs, it’s crucial to conduct a thorough inspection of the foam roof to identify the extent of the damage and the specific areas that require attention. Common issues that may necessitate repair include cracks, blisters, punctures, and areas where the foam has become dislodged or degraded.
- Cleaning: Properly clean the damaged area by removing dirt, debris, and any loose or deteriorated foam. This ensures that the repair materials adhere effectively.
- Patch and Seal: For minor cracks and small punctures, a common repair method involves using a compatible sealant or patch material designed for foam roofing systems. This material should be specifically formulated for SPF roofing to ensure proper adhesion and longevity.
- Foam Injection: In some cases, foam injection may be used to fill voids or repair damaged areas. Foam injection involves injecting expanding polyurethane foam into voids or cracks to fill and seal them. This method is effective for restoring the insulation and waterproofing properties of the roof.
- Coating: Reapplying a protective coating over the entire foam roof surface can help extend its lifespan and prevent further damage. Roof coatings are available in various formulations, including acrylic, silicone, and polyurethane. Choose a coating that is compatible with foam roofing and provides the necessary UV protection.
- Professional Assistance: While some minor foam roofing repairs can be handled by experienced building maintenance personnel, more extensive or complex repairs are best left to professional roofing contractors who specialize in foam roofing systems. They have the expertise and equipment needed to properly assess and repair the roof.
- Maintenance: Regular maintenance is essential to prevent issues from escalating and to extend the life of your foam roof. This includes inspecting the roof periodically, promptly addressing any damage, and reapplying protective coatings as needed.
- Safety: When working on foam roofing repairs, it’s crucial to prioritize safety. Use appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE), work with proper tools, and ensure that the work area is secure and free from hazards.
Keep in mind that foam roofing repair requirements can vary depending on factors such as the age of the roof, climate conditions, and the quality of the original installation. Properly maintaining and repairing your foam roofing system can help maximize its lifespan and energy-efficiency benefits while preventing costly water infiltration and damage to the building structure.
00 depending on your roof size, complexity, and the roofing company you hire.
Foam roof recoating usually costs about 25% to 30% of the original cost of the foam roofing system. For example, if your original foam roofing system cost $8,250, your foam roof recoating cost is about $2,062 to $2,475.
Foam Roof Recoating Cost Per Square Foot
Foam roof recoating costs about $1.18 to $1.42 per square foot. Learn more about spray foam roofing costs. This is not an actual quote for your foam roof recoating project. To get an actual quote contact Paul’s Roofing today.
How Often Should I Recoat My Foam Roof?
Roofing experts say it is best to recoat your roof 5 years after the original installation. After that, you won’t have to recoat your roof for another 15 to 25 years. Waiting too long to get your roof recoated the first time will create additional issues that will cost you more money.
Foam roofing repair is the process of fixing damage to a foam roof. Foam roofs are made of polyurethane foam, which is a flexible and durable material. However, it can be damaged by punctures, cracks, and other impacts. When this happens, water can seep into the roof and cause leaks.
The type of repair that is needed will depend on the extent of the damage. For small punctures or cracks, the foam can be patched with a sealant. For larger holes, the foam may need to be replaced. In some cases, the entire roof may need to be recoated.
The cost of foam roofing repair will vary depending on the size and severity of the damage. However, it is generally less expensive than replacing the entire roof.
Here are some of the most common types of foam roofing repairs:
- Patching: This is the simplest type of repair and is used to fix small punctures or cracks. The foam is patched with a sealant that is designed to be compatible with the type of foam that is used on the roof.
- Spot replacement: This type of repair is used to fix larger holes or areas of damage. The damaged foam is removed and replaced with new foam.
- Recoating: This type of repair is used to restore the weatherproofing properties of the roof. The old coating is removed and a new coating is applied.
- Complete replacement: This is the most expensive type of repair and is only used in cases where the damage is extensive. The entire roof is removed and replaced with a new one.
If you think that your foam roof needs repair, it is important to have it inspected by a qualified roofer. They will be able to assess the damage and recommend the best course of action.
Here are some tips for extending the life of your foam roof and preventing repairs:
- Have your roof inspected regularly by a qualified roofer.
- Repair any damage promptly.
- Keep your roof clean and free of debris.
- Inspect your roof for signs of wear and tear, such as cracks or bubbles.
- Have your roof recoated every 5-10 years.
Paul’s Roofing Offers Foam Roof Recoating In Many Areas Of Arizona
Get a foam roof recoating estimate in Phoenix, Mesa, Glendale, Gilbert, Chandler, Scottsdale, and more by getting in touch with Paul’s Roofing today. Paul’s Roofing is an experienced foam roofing company offering spray foam roof repair, foam roof replacement, and foam roof installation in the Phoenix Metropolitan area of Arizona.